Dear Patients and Clients,
The BC government recently clarified what essential services are. Essential services include direct to public health services, such as licensed Naturopathic Doctors.
This is good news to our patients as this means you can continue to receive Naturopathic consultations from Dr. Quach. This can include treatments, pharmaceutical prescriptions and refills during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Patients rely on our clinic to provide essential laboratory testing, naturopathic consultations, acupuncture and infrared sauna services. And, from our Vitamin Dispensary, you are able to find the highest quality, Dr. Quach recommended, supplementation and natural medicines. We are working to ensure that you continue to have access to these services and products.
As we closely monitor the corona virus situation, we are taking many steps to do our part in reducing the spread of infection while supporting your healthcare needs.
Our clinic is currently operating from 9:00 – 5:00 pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and 10 am – 5 pm on Saturdays. Feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (778) 218-3111 if you have any healthcare questions.
Here is a brief summary of some of the measures we have implemented to protect everyone’s health and safety.
1) Telephone consultations are available to limit face to face contact. Extended Health insurance providers have confirmed they will continue to cover Naturopathic telephone consultations.
2) In-office visits for consultations, acupuncture, and saunas may be granted to some patients on a case-by-case basis. Please call our office for details on the proper safety procedures.
3) Access to Natural Health products are available for pick up and delivery. For anyone needing refills on products, please email or call in your order. Be sure to specify product name, size and quantity.
Here is a quick example:
1 x Neem Cream, 100 ml
2 x Bio C, 120 capsules
1 x Vitex (liquid), 250ml
1 x Cleavers Combo, 100ml
Herbal liquid tinctures size options: 100ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1Ltr.
Homeopathic remedies can be made in granule or liquid form in the following sizes: 30ml, 100ml, 250ml.
We will do our best to have the products ready before you arrive in order to limit wait times. Orders can also be delivered to your home with free shipping on orders of $175 (before tax).
4) Access to pharmaceutical medications and refills. Any patients who needs refills on pharmaceutical medications can have their prescriptions refilled over the telephone. Please book a consultation with Dr. Quach to have your refills authorized.
5) Access to laboratory testing. In many cases laboratory requisition forms may be securely emailed or faxed to you. You can then take this form to your nearest Lifelabs to get the necessary testing required. To limit the amount of time you are in their waiting room, you can book online with Lifelabs. In other cases, test kits may be mailed to your home for self-collection. In some situations, in office specimen collection may be permissible. Most extended health plans cover lab testing and allow for direct billing from our clinic or prompt reimbursement directly to you.
We recognize that this is a challenging situation that is changing on a daily basis. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to do our part in reducing the spread of infection while continuing to provide you with access to naturopathic services.
From our family to yours, stay safe and healthy.
The Avisio Team